The guidelines and protocols developed and adopted by Embu College is in line with the current World Health Organization (WHO) and Ministry of Health (MoH) COVID 19 Prevention and Management protocols. The Ministry of Health has demonstrated its commitment to the fight of COVID-19 pandemic through the provision of technical support to Colleges to accelerate resumption of face-to –face teaching and learning in a safe and sustainable manner. Embu College has put in place necessary measures to ensure that institution is safe and free from Coronavirus Disease. In this regard, to guide a safe, secure and sustainable re-opening and continuation of the College, Embu College has ensured compliance to public health and social measures in the prevention of the spread of coronavirus.
We have put in place several measures including:
• Anyone accessing the premises MUST wear a face mask properly.
• We have a steady supply of soap and water and/ or hand sanitizers at convenient places.
• Everyone accessing the premises must wash hands and sanitize.
• There shall be frequent cleaning of premises, especially surfaces that people touch often. E.g. counters, door handles, etc.
• All facilities shall be well ventilated during occupancy periods.
• Corridors of all offices shall be well ventilated.
• College vehicles shall be thoroughly cleaned after and before use.
• Posters to promote proper hygiene/etiquette when coughing or sneezing etiquette shall be displayed at the entrance of the buildings and all strategic positions to serve as a reminder.
• There shall be regular fumigation of University facilities.
• Library information materials shall be disinfected upon return.
• The 1.5m social/physical distancing requirement must be adhered to