Diploma in Accountancy
AIM OF THE COURSE
The course is designed to help a student to:
1. Recognize the role played by the accounting department in a firm.
2. Prepare financial statements accurately.
3. Interpret financial statements of a firm.
4. Demonstrate accounting knowledge in emerging issues in business.
5. Recognize self employment as an alternative to formal employment.
i. Passed relevant craft course in accountancy. OR
ii. Passed KCSE with an average of C- (C MINUS) OR
iii. Equivalent qualifications as determined by KNEC
Accountancy diploma prepares students for a diverse range of careers in various industries.
Graduates may pursue jobs in the following fields: Small business management,
Entrepreneurship, Marketing and sales, Human resources management, Business information
systems, Health services management, Hospitality management, Sustainability management,
General management, E-commerce, Accounting, MFI’s, Commercial Banks, Self employment
ACADEMIC PROGRESSION: CPA, Bachelors degree in Accounting, Bachelors degree in
Commerce (Accounting Option)