Diploma in Business Management
The course is designed to equip the trainee with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable him/her to perform administrative duties as a middle level manager in a firm. The course is packaged in three modules namely:
- Diploma in Business Management Module I
- Diploma in Business Management Module II
- Diploma in Business Management Module III
The course is concerned with the application of management principles in business performance as well as implementation of procedures and processes related to business management.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
The course is designed to help a student to:
- Recognize the role played by the different departments in a firm.
- Use tools of analysis in decision making in a firm.
- Communicate effectively in day today business management activities.
- Apply legal aspects in business management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of emerging issues in business.
- Recognize self employment as an alternative to formal employment.
- CATS (Internal)…………………………… 30%
- Main Exam (External- KNEC)……………. 70%
- Industrial Attachment/ Internship of 660 Hours before end of the course.
UNITS IN EACH MODULE:
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Financial Accounting
- Business law
- Cost Accounting
- Principles & Practice of Management
- Supply & Transport Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Commercial & Administrative Law
- Office Administration & Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Plan
- Management Accounting
- Organization Theory & Behaviour
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Labour & Industrial Relations
- Research Methods
- Trade Project
ACADEMIC PROGRESSION: Bachelors degree in Business Management, Bachelors degree in Commerce (any business Option).
What Will I Learn?
- A business management diploma prepares students for a diverse range of careers in various industries. Graduates may pursue jobs in the following fields: Small business management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and sales, Human resources management, Business information systems, Health services management, Hospitality management, Sustainability management, General management, E-commerce, Accounting, Self employment