Diploma in Project Management (KNEC)
This course is designed to equip the trainee with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable him/her to perform administrative duties as a middle level manager in a firm. The course is packaged in three modules namely:
- Diploma in Project Management Module I
- Diploma in Project Management Module II
- Diploma in Project Management Module III
The course is concerned with the application of project management principles in business performance as well as implementation of procedures and processes related to management of business projects.
UNITS IN EACH MODULE:
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Financial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Resource Mobilisation
- Project Financing
- Cost Accounting
- Project Quality Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Project Procurement & Management
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Project Management Information Systems
- Business Plan
- Operations Management
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management
- Risk Management in Projects
- Legal Issues in project Management
- Principles & Practice of Management
- Research Methods
- Trade Project
ACADEMIC PROGRESSION: Bachelors degree in Project Management, Bachelors degree in Commerce (Project Management Option).
- CATS (Internal)…………………………… 30%
- Main Exam (External- KNEC)……………. 70%
- Industrial Attachment/ Internship of 660 Hours before end of the course.
Students who acquire a project management diploma usually choose to become project assistant managers/ officers. As a project assistant manager/ officers, you can work in a variety of fields and manage many different types of projects. Some examples include: Information Technology projects, Construction projects, Business implementation projects, Re-engineering projects
What Will I Learn?
- Recognize the role played by the different departments in a firm.
- Use tools of analysis in project decision making in a firm.
- Communicate effectively in day today business management activities.
- Apply legal aspects in management of business projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of emerging issues in project management.
- Recognize self employment as an alternative to formal employment.