Diploma In Sales & Marketing
The course is designed to equip the trainee with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable him/her to perform administrative duties as a middle level manager in a firm. The course is packaged in three modules namely:
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing Module I
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing Module II
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing Module III
The course is concerned with the application of management principles in business performance as well as implementation of procedures and processes related to business management.
- CATS (Internal)…………………………… 30%
- Main Exam (External- KNEC)……………. 70%
- Industrial Attachment/ Internship of 660 Hours before end of the course.
UNITS IN EACH MODULE:
- Communication skills
- Principles & Practice of Selling
- Principles & Practice of marketing
- Principles & Practice of Management
- Sales Management
- Legal Aspects in Sales & Marketing
- Quantitative Methods
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations
- Business Plan
- International Marketing
- Strategic Planning in Sales
- Marketing Information & Research
- Marketing Planning & Control
- Financial Aspects of Marketing
- Research Project
The growing demand for professionals in Marketing in different sectors makes pursuing a career in this field a wise career move. Executives and managers in marketing, advertising and public relations are required in almost all industries. This is why you can readily find a rewarding job once you earn a diploma in this field of specialization. Eg marketing executive/ officer, Advertising officer, marketing research analyst, Sales officer, Product officer etc
ACADEMIC PROGRESSION: Bachelors degree in Marketing Management, Bachelors degree in Sales Management, Bachelors degree in Commerce (Sales & Marketing Option)
What Will I Learn?
- Recognize the role played by the different departments in a firm.
- Use tools of analysis in decision making in a firm.
- Communicate effectively in day today business management activities.
- Apply legal aspects in business management
- Demonstrate knowledge of emerging issues in business.
- Recognize self employment as an alternative to formal employment